The LIMUN Eye

The official newspaper for the London International Model United Nations, keep checking to find the latest updates on what's going on in the committees. Also check out our Twitter - LIMUNEye2010 .

Saturday 20 February 2010

Overheard at LIMUN


..
Because truth is often blurted out in a moment of weakness..

· First person: Any points or motions?
Second person: To bring you back from Japan.
All delegates: Motions don't mean wishes.

· On Facebook group: "I hasten to presume sexual favours would suffice. If you're really strapped for cash, that is."
Not cool, guys.

· Angry Polish delegate: "Last time I checked, I wasn't that Polish."

· After a couple of dozen queries: "Okay.. I'm done with the wall post bombardment!"
I don’t think you’re the only one who heaved a sigh of relief there.

· "Hi, I was thinking of applying and was just wondering if there was anybody appointed to make sure I'm safe and happy.. like Under Secretary General for Internal Peace and Security or something?"
And this is why our Secretariat members get no sleep.

· Guy delegate: " 'Dress code: Cocktail dress.'- is that for guys as well?"
Our patient Social Events Officer: "You know what I mean."
Delegate (disappointed): ":( I want to wear a cocktail dress."
Sort your personal issues in your own time. Really.

· On LIMUN fb group: "LOOKING FORWARD TO MEET WONDERFUL PEOPLE FROM ACROSS THE WORLD. LETS MAKE THIS WORLD FREE OF CONFLICTS, SECURITY ISSUES, TERRORISM. WARS, MILITARY CONFLICTS, POVERTY, HATRED AND ROOT OUT THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEMS. WE CAN SPREAD THE MESSAGE OF LOVE, FRIENDSHIP, PEACE AND HARMONY. AS TOGETHER WE CAN AND WE WILL MAKE THIS... WORLD A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE IN. SEE YOU ALL AT LIMUN 20TEN. CHEERSSSSSSSS."
Wow. Enthusiastic much?

· Angry delegate: "But.. but.. the US has given us AIDS."
At LIMUN, we take it slowly. VERY slowly.


  • Delegate: "..I mean I love Ban Ki-Moon. He's an example of the good people that come out of China."
    Last time I checked, he was from South Korea.

  • Delegate buying merchandise: "And I'll go shove this in her face then. I'm at LIMUN, baby."

No comments:

Post a Comment